Dear Reader,
I know what I'm supposed to do with my life. I have a calling. That calling is to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might," (Deuteronomy 6:4b, also reiterated by Jesus Christ in Matthew, Mark and Luke). This is a calling God has given every person who desires to follow Him, man or woman.
How we feel we ought to live our lives varies from person to person. Our vocations look different. Our likes, dislikes, convictions and passions are different. But at the heart we should all want to love and follow God.
Women hear so many conflicting messages from those around us (all with good intention, usually) about how to live life biblically. Do we stay home or go to work? Raise ten kids or two? Do we go to college? What is an acceptable way for a woman to live her life?
That is part of what I am going to delve into on this blog and in my book. But it's only a part. I think to begin with we need to step back and think more basically.
As a woman, what is my calling? Deuteronomy 6:4. Love God with everything I have.
God created us for a reason. His desire is that His creation love Him, seek Him and obey Him. I encourage you to pursue these things. Study this out with me, don't take my word for it.
Yours truly,
Amber Colleen
No comments:
Post a Comment